When someone asks you how you and your partner are doing, most people say, “We’re good.” But are you, really? It’s important to step back once in a while to check the state of your relationship. After long-term dating, we all eventually get a little lazy in the relationship. We assume our significant others know how much we care and love them, but a friendly reminder never hurts. To see if there’s room for improvement in your partnership and on your end, ask yourself these 15 questions.
- When’s the last time I did something nice for my partner without being asked?
- Could I be putting more effort into this relationship?
- Am I happy with our last interaction?
- Could I be more patient with my partner?
- Are we doing our best to keep things exciting?
- When was the last time I initiated sex?
- Do we spend enough time together?
- Do we spend enough time apart?
- When was the last time we made each other feel special?
- Could we be arguing less?
- Would I want myself as a partner?
- Do we kiss enough?
- Are we happy together?
- What can I do to make this relationship even better?
- Does my partner know how much they mean to me?