Sex is an integral part of creating a meaningful relationship. Ideally you’ll find someone who, besides having mind-blowing chemistry with you, understands your needs, and quite frankly, you probably can’t keep your hands off of each other. Just like not all partners are created equal, neither are all signs. While some zodiac signs were made for romantic entanglement, others have qualities that are best used out of the bedroom, like doing your taxes. Here are the zodiac signs that make the best romantic partners, ranked from best to worst.
- Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21) There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like a Scorpio lover. Their feistiness, which peppers their interactions with others throughout the day, is in full force in the bedroom. Known for being fiercely loyal and protective, Scorpios are thoughtful romantic partners while at the same time being energetic and willing to try anything.
- Leo (July 23-Aug. 22) Another energetic sign, Leos are playful, effervescent partners who like to keep things interesting. Want to try a romantic embrace in the kitchen or under the stars? Leos are definitely game. The only thing that knocks them down slightly is you have to be clear with a Leo about your desires, as they have a tendency to focus on themselves.
- Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 19) If you’re looking for a free-spirited partner, Aquarius is right up your alley. Playful and always ready to get busy, the Aquarius partner is one that likes to keep things interesting by trying new positions or bringing toys into the mix. This sign really goes with the flow.
- Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) This sign loves keeping things equitable, and Libras are notorious for wanting everyone to have a fair share. As romantic partners, they will make sure both people are satisfied and all of their needs, no matter how kinky, are met.
- Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) The Sagittarius partner will keep things passionate as long as some serious foreplay happens first. This heady sign likes to know that they’re being coupled up with a worthy partner, so some good conversation, even one that is a little bit naughty, will help get the Sagittarius lover going.
- Aries (March 21-April 19) In a romantic relationship, Aries can be a little hard to please. While, yes, they are passionate and energetic and can be a lot of fun, they also have a tendency for getting easily bored and being a little bossy. If you’re the type of person who can take direction in the bedroom and has a thick skin for criticism, Aries will make a great match.
- Taurus (April 20-May 20) If the missionary position was a sign, it would be a Taurus: a great standard and certainly gets the job done, but not really one for adventure or trying anything different. Don’t get me wrong – Taurus can be very satisfying. But it’s Taurus’s connection to Venus that makes this a sign of love and stability, not necessarily energy and passion.
- Pisces (Feb. 20-March 20) This slippery fish is all about love – sex, not so much. While there are moments where they get involved and love being intimate, most of the time they would rather do activities that further the connection on an emotional level.
- Gemini (May 21-June 20) It should come as no shocker to know that this sign, represented by the twins, can be the best lover of your life or the most distracted and disinterested partner. The excitable side is compassionate, loving, interested, and adventurous. The other side is quite simply not.
- Cancer (June 21-July 22) Those in the Cancer sign are beautiful and passionate, making fantastic lovers. However, they are one of the most sensitive signs, meaning that they are really quick to read into things that came across as wrong or taking suggestions. Don’t even think about trying to try something new in the bedroom because they’re just going to get upset.
- Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) Virgos know what they like and what they don’t like, and for better or for worse, they have no problem letting their partners know. This has the unfortunate consequence of coming off as nagging or bossy.
- Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) Capricorns like everything just so, and they especially do not want to try new things. As long as they can schedule the sex ahead of time, they’ll be more than willing to give it the old college try, but don’t be surprised if their critical side comes out.